At The Crypt School ensuring we keep all members of the School community safe is of paramount importance to us.
To ensure we keep students safe we have:
- A dedicated Safeguarding E-mail address for the speedy reporting of concerns by students and parents/carers. All staff use My Concern, a secure safeguarding recording system to communicate concerns and ensure they are acted upon.
- Gemma Hargraves (Deputy Headteacher- Pastoral) is the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the School
- Phil Stanlake ( Senior Deputy Headteacher) and Steph Williams (Pastoral Support Worker) are the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads. They can also be contacted via the email address above.
- A dedicated Safeguarding Governor – Sheila Bradburn supports the work of the team.
- Our team of Pastoral Support Workers (KS3, K4, KS5) act as our Safeguarding Administrators.
- An up-to-date Safeguarding Policy which is in accordance with the DfE and the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Board.
- An up-to-date Staff Code of Conduct.
- Safeguarding Training delivered to all staff and volunteers who work with young people at The Crypt School. This includes specialist training on Radicalisation, Extremism, Child Sexual Exploitation and Female Genital Mutilation.
- Strict Safer Recruitment procedures for all staff and volunteers who work at The Crypt School. Trained staff in Safer Recruitment attend all interview panels.
- A comprehensive PSHE programme to educate young people about issues such as Drugs, Alcohol, E-Safety and other Risky Behaviours.
- A clear Code of Conduct for Staff including procedures for reporting any incidents of concerns.
- A strict Risk Assessment, Safeguarding and Approval process for all off site Educational Visits.
- A School Site Risk Assessment which includes the signing in of all visitors to the site.
- A School Health Nurse Service.
- A Counselling Service.
- Clear guidelines for dealing with any bullying concerns.
The Crypt School fully recognises our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of the children and young people in their care, and that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. This system is described in statutory guidance Working Together to Safeguard Children and Keeping children safe in education